County Events and Job listings
Job Opening - Sheriff Dispatch Officer
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has a vacancy for a Dispatch Officer. Please note the minimum requirements below. If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in this position please turn in an application. Qualified applicants will be notified of a time and location for interviews.
Requirements for Dispatch:
1. Successfully complete an oral board interview
2. Have a good work ethic.
3. Ability to multi task, gather and disseminate information clearly, accurately and rapidly in urgent situations
4. Ability to calm irate and hysterical persons
5. Ability to operate a wide variety of computers, radios, and recording equipment
6. Willing and able to work Day, Swing and Midnight shifts
7. Type a minimum of 25-35 wpm
This posting will close Friday, April 28, 2017. Applications are available at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, 421 E. Spring St, in the lobby at the windows from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.